STAKEHOLDERS PARTICIPATING IN THE WORLD LOGISTICS PASSPORT
- That international trade is of central importance to the world economy, and has considerably contributed to global economic development, growth and employment;
- That international trade is facing unprecedented challenges as a result of the economic crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- That international trade can further enhance countries efforts to diversify their economies and make them more resilient;
- That public-private collaboration can accelerate investment and unlock barriers to the investment and trade;
- That the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA) is the main international body to represent, promote and protect the interests of freight forwarders worldwide;
- That international bodies such as the World Customs Organisation (WCO) and the World Trade Organisation (WTO) enable more and better trade by defining, enforcing the international standards and providing cross-border trade facilitation.
- That there is great potential to further increase global trade through international co-operation to offer business with the right regulatory conditions, information and incentives;
- That achieving seamless multi-modal freight logistics is essential to unlocking the full potential of trade;
- That WLP strategic Partners such as ports, airports and customs can leverage and share their best-in-class capabilities to achieve seamless multi-modal trade for business;
- That the WLP is the first global freight loyalty programme providing financial and non-financial benefits to traders and freight forwarders to increase their trade through strategic partners such as ports, airports, airlines and customs;
- That membership to the WLP can improve the trade logistics cost and efficiency and market access for traders and freight forwarders;
- That the WLP complements the Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) Program of the WCO by offering a wider range of benefits to include financial benefits and benefits from other logistics enablers such as ports, airports and airlines;
- That the WLP is a private sector led policy initiative that is voluntary and open to all companies of the world that engage in international trade;
- That the International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations (FIATA) recognizes the importance of the World Logistics Passport as a global trade enabler for its members and other businesses;
- That the WLP is an integral part of the global economic response to boost international trade in the face of the COVID-19 crisis;
- That WLP leaders from the public and private sector will annually take stock of progress achieved and chart the way forward for the WLP at the WLP Global Summit.
Read the World Logistics Passport Global Summit Declaration in full here.